What is the self-employment document?
The self-employment document is an officially approved document by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development in Saudi Arabia and is granted to specialised individuals, who meet some conditions. The document helps to obtain independent job opportunities in the Saudi market, according to the various activities approved by the ministry through the freelancing portal.
A self-employment document falls within the self-employment program in line with the Kingdom's Vision 2030 and in an effort by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development to reach human energies, income opportunities seekers, self-employed workers and other citizens in various regions of the Kingdom, and to raise their productivity, skills and experience in appropriate jobs
Advantages of the self-employment document
Among the advantages obtained by those who own the document for freelance work:
- Opening a commercial bank account linked to this document, in order to carry out commercial transactions, especially if it is e-commerce.
- Registration in social insurance according to the regulations and laws related to insurance
- Taking advantage of the self-employment financing product from the Social Development Bank.
- Take advantage of the offers of companies advertised in the self-employment portal
Conditions of the freelancing document
To obtain a document for self-employment and to start practicing self-employment through the portal, the applicant must meet a set of conditions, the following are the conditions for issuing a freelance document:
- The applicant must be a Saudi national.
- The applicant must be between 18 years of age to 60 years of age.
- The need for an active account on the Absher electronic platform.
Professions required for the self-employment document
The Ministry of Labor and Social Development has approved some professions that are allowed to use the document and practice business and activities independently and legally the list includes more than 140 freelancers advertised on the electronic freelance platform.
Among the most prominent professions that enable you to issue the document are:
- Software engineer
- Designer or developer of electronic games
- Mobile app developer
- Graphic designer
- Website developer
- Data analyst
- Language checker
- Visual editor
- Voice editor
- Marketing researcher
- Business analyst
- Social media specialist
- Content writer
- Digital marketer
There are also many other professions that can easily extract the document. It is also worth mentioning that the freelancer has access to a maximum of 5 different documents.
Issuing the self-employment document
If you are wondering “how to extract the self-employment document”, you should follow a set of simple steps to create an account on the freelance platform, after making sure that you meet all the conditions of the document that we mentioned above, the following are the steps to obtain the document:
- Access to the electronic freelancing platform “from here”.
- Before creating an account, we advise you to make sure that the profession you want to issue the document for is in the list of self-employment professions.
- Choose Register with us from the top left of the page, and fill in the required personal data Name, ID number, and mobile number.
- Complete the account authentication process through Absher.
- Enter the data for the profession for which you want to extract a document, and upload the required documents and attachments, after which the document is issued.
How to cancel the document
In order to cancel the self-employment document you must follow these steps:
- Access to the freelancing platform
- Log in to user account
- Enter your national ID number, then press the verify button
- Insert all required data correctly
- Choose freelancing certificates, then press the Cancel Documents button
- Choose the confirm cancellation request button, the document will be cancelled and a notification will be sent