Analyst, Security Monitoring Center
- Correlate incident data to identify vulnerabilities.
- Analyze and report cyber defense trends.
- Perform cybersecurity reviews and identify security gaps in security architecture to inform risk mitigation strategies.
- Use cybersecurity products and security control technologies to reduce identified risk to an acceptable level.
- Triage incidents to identify specific vulnerability, determine scope, urgency, and potential impact, make recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
- Perform both internal and external audits to meet compliance requirements.
- Perform initial collection of images to relevant forensic standards; inspect to evaluate possible mitigation and remediation measures.
- Perform incident response tasks to support deployable incident response teams, including forensic collection, intrusion correlation, tracking, threat analysis, and system remediation.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Security/Computer Science, or equivalent field.
2+ years of experience in Information Security or relevant field.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- SIEM, EDR, IPS/IDS, Anti-virus knowledge.
- Familiar with programming and scripting languages.
- Knowledge of host-based and network-based intrusion detection methodologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and network security architecture.
- Knowledge of best practices for incident response and incident management.
- Knowledge of the stages of a cyberattack.
- Knowledge of attackers relevant to the organization's tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Knowledge of different types of cyber attackers, their capabilities, and their objectives.
- Knowledge of Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems.
- Skilled in collecting data from a variety of cybersecurity resources.
- Skilled in conducting trend analysis.
- Skilled in using security event correlation tools effectively.
- Skilled in effectively performing root cause analysis for cybersecurity issues.
- Skilled in using incident handling methodologies.